10 Things I'm Thankful for ...
(in no particular order)
- God - Without him nothing is possible
- My girls - They are my world. The air that I breath daily. They are my daily motivation to be who I am & always the reason behind my smile.
- My grandparents - My Nanny & Papa was my world growing up. If you saw 1 or both of them you saw me. I was their 1st grandchild & only grandchild for 15 years. Spoiled? Maybe! My Nanny was my best friend. LITERALLY! We talked about everything. She passed away on August 16 of this year & my world crumbled beneath me. I am so Thankful that God allowed me to have 32 years with her by my side! & I'm so thankful that my girls were also able to experience her joy & presence just as I did.
- My Mama - She's my voice of reason. We are so much alike that we butt heads a lot! BUT she is my Mama ... The only one I have & I thank God for her daily! She has been my rock through so much & she has always stood by my side.
- My Home - My Mama built this house in 1995. She & her husband then built a new house in 2005 & me & my little family moved into her old house. I took over the mortgage in 2007 & I'm proud to say that in less than 1 year, before the age of 35, I'll be mortgage-LESS! It's small but it's all we need.
- My Job - It pays my bills! Yes, it's stressful ... on more days than none! I work for a growing company & I'm thankful that I can use my knowledge & abilities to help them move forward & succeed.
- My Church Family - My girls & I just started back to church regularly the 1st of this year. I grew up in a old country church with my Nanny & truthfully I grew out of it. There wasn't much to do for the youth & the preaching was hard to follow. I visited around over time & when we found New Life Chapel we all knew it was home for us. Our Preacher is awesome & we get so much out of all of his services. The congregation is wonderful. You always feel love when you walk in the door or are at any church function.
- My girlfriends - They are the reason for my sanity. AC is my BFF ... We talk about everything daily. I know that if I've got an issue ... true reason is what I will get from her.
- Good Health - I'm not sure that I know anyone that has NOT been hit with cancer in 1 way or the other. Whether it be them or family. My childhood best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 31 ... she is a Survivor now! My Nanny was a 28 year Survivor or breast cancer before she was diagnosed with lung & bone cancer which in 1 year took her from us. Cancer sucks! I'm thankful that me & my family are healthy. We might not be next week but today we are.
- Family - ALL OF THEM! From my blood to my distant. I'm thankful for the bonds I have with all of them.
What are you Thankful for?